The Bishop’s Palace - Prague Castle,Third Courtyard

The Bishop’s Palace

Prague Castle,Third Courtyard

This building used to be the old house of Prague bishop, with its core built already in the first half of 11th century. Around 1660 the provost’s residence gained its Baroque appearance based on a project by F.Caratti. The east wall with Romanesque compound window is the only preserved element from the old Romanesque bishop’s residence. Architect J. Mocker used to have a flat and an office in this building too. At present time the building serves as the seat of President’s Office. On the corner of the building there is a sandstone statue of St.Wenceslas from J.J. Bendl from 1662.

Sort by: location name


počet návštěvníků stránek:

 – Počítadlo.cz           Provoz webu zajišťuje www.internetportal.cz